• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

HTC Flyer Tablet Review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I think it looks really nice, unfortunate that it does not have Honeycomb on it for whatever reason though :(
What do you guys think?

HTC Flyer | Reviews | CNET UK

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
I've learned my lesson about Android

I bought an Archos 101 Internet tablet running 2.2 Froyo last November. Comparing it side by side with my fathers iPad there is no contest. Anything less than 3.0 Honeycomb is WORTHLESS as a tablet OS. Probably 25% to 30% of the apps I have downloaded from the Android Market did not function on my Archos. In comparison, how many iPad apps do not work? They ALL work in my experience. Gingerbread MAY function better than Froyo but that is an expensive gamble I would not take again. This Summer will be a very interesting time for consumers looking to purchase tablets. A little patience may save someone a LOT of disappointment. Archos has pushed out 4 (yes, 4) firmware updates since December 17th of last year and the Gen8 tablets still do not functioh as advertised. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.