first mac, powermac g5

T

thetony

Finally purchased my first mac. A powermac G5 2.3 Ghz, 1gb ram, and a airport extreme card. so far very good. My video editing now runs very smoothly with final cut. no more adobe premiere. finally i can use my computer comfortably with out it being all gittery and having it crash all the time.

I would just like two know if any body knows about a good program to extract video and audio together from dvds, so i can put them on the web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
thetony said:
Finally purchased my first mac. A powermac G5 2.3 Ghz, 1gb ram, and a airport extreme card. so far very good. My video editing now runs very smoothly with final cut. no more adobe premiere. finally i can use my computer comfortably with out it being all gittery and having it crash all the time.

I would just like two know if any body knows about a good program to extract video and audio together from dvds, so i can put them on the web.

You can extract it to a quicktime file using This

Or a audio and video TS folder using This

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I use Mac The Ripper for mine, but that probably isn't too good for net posting.

Congratulations on your purchase- I bought a similar system 3 months ago and have never looked back!
:)

OP
A

AndrewK

I've also switched to video editing with Final Cut Pro from a PC with Premiere and I agree - it's definitly much better. Final Cut Pro doesn't freeze every hour like Premiere used to which really helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.