• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

HP's WebOS event - new devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Watching the live blog on Engadget right now LINK

Not impressed with the 2 "Pre" phones. But seriously impressed by their "Touch Pad". At least, at first glance. Waiting to see a serious hands-on review by one of the tech sites. But it has a dual-core processor and some really cool features like true multi-tasking, unobtrusive pop-up notices of e-mails, text messages, etc. Also if you have one of the new phones they are releasing this summer, you can literally touch the phone to the tablet and it will transfer what is on screen to the phone.

Reaction score
The way they show that "OS Bowl" "We Are the Champions" thing…looks widely scattered and crowded with what they're showing that is their own.

I can hear Steve Jobs saying "the Veer is so tiny, the screen so small…you can't really do as much on it!"

Don't know about the TouchPad…they're a year late.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This will be the only serious competitor to the iPad when it's released. WebOS always had a LOT of potential, Palm just didn't have the means to do it justice. By the looks of it, they appear to have done their homework and scaled it up to the form factor nicely.

I agree on the phones, not impressive - and at this point, superfluous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I always liked my Palm Pilot Tungsten T3. I would likely still have one if Apple hadn't mated it with a phone in a more pleasing form factor. I disliked having to carry two gadgets and that the Palm Desktop for Mac was so clumsy - it worked fine on Linux. Palm OS was doing Copy and Paste long before iPhone and Android existed. Heck, the Palm freeware store has been around to download apps from since 2000. Here's to seeing some healthy competition and choice in the market!

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I really like the way the Touch Pad handles notifications (watch the engadget hands-on video) and the multi-tasking abilities (compose more than one email at a time like a true OS) and also that dual-core processor makes it soooo fast!
I hope iPad 2.0 can "leapfrog" these features. iOS needs a refresh.

Reaction score
I really like the way the Touch Pad handles notifications (watch the engadget hands-on video) and the multi-tasking abilities (compose more than one email at a time like a true OS) and also that dual-core processor makes it soooo fast!
I hope iPad 2.0 can "leapfrog" these features. iOS needs a refresh.

Well they say Jobs is working from home…one can only wonder what he's thinking about doing with iOS and the iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.