Windows Media Player

L

LumXingXing

wasn't exactly sure where to put this..

So WMP was working fine for me yesterday, but today it won't anymore. Anytime I try to open it on its own or with a file, itll automatically shut down and I'll get a message saying that WMP Unexpectedly shut down. I've tried reinstalling, restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling...and on and on.

Can anyone help me? Thanks

OP
Z

zap2

Why dp you need it? Not sure how to help, other then get rid of it ,no MS things are good

OP
L

LumXingXing

Cause some videos I have are .wmv

I don't want to convert it and VLC player doesn't work with it.

OP
M

macguy.nielsen

Have you tried searching through the WMP help files? Another thing to look at is their website for some technical support. I don't really know what's going on with it but I'd suggest searching there first. You may have to e-mail them to see if they have a suggestion. Hope it all works out for you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
When you "uninstalled" WMP, did you search for preferences files and other things that might have become corrupted?

Many programs leave such files in ~/Library/Application Support or in ~/Library/Preferences. (~ means your home folder.) A Spotlight search for "microsoft,""media player," or "windows" might turn up more. Trashing them might help.

OP
L

LumXingXing

Gah! Thank you so much.

The problem actually occured after I changed the default skin to another skin that was an option on the preferences. I found my preference file for WMP, deleted it, and WMP worked just fine again. Thanks a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.