Shared Printer

M

Merlinblack

Is there any way to share a printer connected to a PC (via USB) over the network with my PB?

I know it's possible with a PC network but I'd like to be able to do it with the mac as well.

The printer is a Cannon i550 and the PB is running Tiger.

OP
M

Merlinblack

No one has any ideas?
I've managed to be able to see and "send" a job to the printer from the mac. However, nothing ever prints from the printer it just sits there. I haven't been able to sit and watch the print queue and see if the job makes it there or not.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

OP
T

tphiptop

Yes, you can.

Just go out and buy an Airport Express station. It has a USB slot for the printer so you can print wirelessly. It also has a output audio jack and it will also act as a airport base station with an ethernet slot.

OP
M

Merlinblack

I'd love to but I don't have $160CDN just laying around. ;)

I'm almost positive it can be done with the printer still connected to the Windows machine. I'm just not sure exactly how to do it. I can see the printer on the mac now but I can't acctually get a print job to come out of the thing.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
Are the correct drivers installed on the mac?

OP
M

Merlinblack

I have installed the newest mac drivers for the printer on the mac. However, when I do hit print it shows the wrong printer in the dock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.