• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Super Bowl XLV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Who do you want to win?

My team is out, so I have no "technical" reasons for my choice.

Personally, I pick Packers for 2 reasons:
1) I am boycotting Ben Roethlisberger due to his "improper behavior" that got him suspended for the first 4 games of the season.
2) Steelers have 6 Super Bowls already. They don't need another.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
My team (Patriots) is out too..and I cheered for the Steelers all the way to beat the Jets..:) and now I'll cheer for the Packers..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Packers, don't want the Steelers to tie the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl wins ;P

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 TDs in less than 30 seconds!
Awesome interception!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 ibook 1.2/512 leopard, 2007 MacBook 2.0 c2d lion, 20" imac 1.8 cd , 2010 mac mini
green bay will win. only team in the midwest thats worth anything in football. chicago only has one team worth anything and thats the chicago blackhawks! any other chicago team sucks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
No dog in this hunt just want to see some good football.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Not a football fan, BUT, having been to both Green Bay and Pittsburgh physically I'm rooting for Green Bay. Not that I think they are any better or worse but the fact that Green Bay itself is just so depressing I think the people there need something to feel proud about. Pittsburgh is a fairly depressing place but not on the same level as Green Bay IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I'm utterly embarrassed (as a musician) for the "music industry". These black eye'd peas fools have zero talent. Wait.. and now Usher ? None of these people seem to be able to carry a solid note ! And wth.. if it weren't for auto tune, not ONE single note would be even close !

Wow, I just loathe this "industry". People like this crap ? How ? It's as if a 4 year old got their hands on Garageband and said.. Here daddy.. I madeid this for you. Uuuch. I can't even sign my name to this post I'm so mortified right now. This is the most cringe inducing crud ever!

Why did Slash (the only one on stage with talent) do that to himself ?

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
green bay will win. only team in the midwest thats worth anything in football.

Clearly you are forgetting about the Indianapolis Colts. :Not-Amused:

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm utterly embarrassed (as a musician) for the "music industry". These black eye'd peas fools have zero talent. Wait.. and now Usher ? None of these people seem to be able to carry a solid note ! And wth.. if it weren't for auto tune, not ONE single note would be even close !

Wow, I just loathe this "industry". People like this crap ? How ? It's as if a 4 year old got their hands on Garageband and said.. Here daddy.. I madeid this for you. Uuuch. I can't even sign my name to this post I'm so mortified right now. This is the most cringe inducing crud ever!

Agree 110% x 1,000!!!!

Sad, but $$ talks pretty loudly. Too loud to ignore most of the time.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Could not agree more. Fergie (or however you spell her name) was particularly bad. Just goes to show that anyone can be engineered in post-production to sound good.

As far as the game goes... I could care less. Everyone in the office and around my area seems to love the Steelers. Personally, I find professional athletes to be overpaid and over-appreciated. Now, if they only got paid when they won, that would be interesting.

E

EightmanVT

I look at it slightly differently. I'm just glad that at least this show was reasonably entertaining ever since they neutered all halftime shows due to nipplegate. Yeah - I hate autotune and the ridiculous covering of nonsinger's voices that they're doing these days. Fergie can at least actually sing - even if she didn't shine tonight. I'd rather hear her sing raw than watch her lip sync though. The second I see lip syncing - I change the channel.

Glad to see Slash there - although Fergie didn't do much justice to that great song.

Hopefully this will the beginning of a return to more raucous and rocking halftime shows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
The only thing entertaining about that "show" was the Tron-esque Apple users on the turf. Yes... Apple users, or at least that's what Motorola would have me believe. ;)

Doug

E

EightmanVT

I'm just glad they brought the running man back...means my dance skills are back in play...:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
One of the worst halftime shows ever the only entertaining part was Slash's guitar work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
So frikin happy the Packers won! They just made me 160 bucks richer! Though, the half-time was unbearable! How in the world did they get selected to be the host of the half-time? Lowest bid, or something? Even the commercials were boring, except for the 2 vw commercials.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Gotta agree with you about the commercials. They were definitely the worse Superbowl commercials that I've seen in years.

Great day for the Cheese Heads though!

Reaction score
All tho I am not a fan of Eminem I thought the nod to his hometown of Detroit and the Chrysler commercial was cool. Talk about town needing a shot in the arm...

Being a Bears fan was rooting for the Steelers but GB has football history like Chicago and its nice to see the trophy go back home...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
All tho I am not a fan of Eminem I thought the nod to his hometown of Detroit and the Chrysler commercial was cool. Talk about town needing a shot in the arm...

Being a Bears fan was rooting for the Steelers but GB has football history like Chicago and its nice to see the trophy go back home...

Actually very classy, well done Ad. You're right, that's just the kind of shot in the arm Detroit needs, let alone Chrysler-Fiat.

Fiat really does seem to 'grok' Chrysler and they're doing all the right things. Too bad Daimler didn't approach it the same way with their "merger of equals" that nearly destroyed the company. Ah well, another topic for a different thread!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
There was a football game too. It was pretty entertaining.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.