This is ridiculous

B

brianwithan eye

I need help. I hit the + on my applications window and it turned into this extremely narrow window that extends well beyond the bottom of my screen and i cannot resize it. I restarted and its still that way. Is there anyway to resize it again back to how it was??

OP
B

brianwithan eye

no i want the window resized back to its original shape, that just minimizes it to the dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just drag the corner of the window to the size you want it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display
He said it extends way beyond the bottom of his screen, so i'm guessing he can't get to the corner of the window to resize it!

Have you tried hitting the + again, which should shrink it back to it's original size?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Go to the "Window" menu item and click on "Zoom".
This should resize your window to the point where you can work it to a more desirable shape.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Just click that green + sign again and it will put it back to its original size. Then if you look at the lower right-hand corner of the window you'll see 3 little slits like so, ///. Then just drag it to whatever size you want. Should work out like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
window -> zoom or the green plus sign again should do it for ya, but a more descriptive thread title to your problem could be good too...just a suggestion

good luck!
-chris

OP
B

brianwithan eye

the green + doesnt do anything anymore, like the window just enjoys being that shape so much it refuses to go back. Any other suggestions? is there a way to set all window sizes back to default?? Thanks for all the replys everyone

OP
B

brianwithan eye

HA I got it everyone! the green button wouldnt do a thing but then i hit the button in the top right that removes the side bar with the icons in it and then hit the green button and it worked. THanks again everyone, i was really getting worried Id have to live with a ruined App box forever

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.