reset all system options

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Hello all,
Well its been a couple weeks with the G5 and I have to say it is nice.

Everything including IChat were working and I was getting used to it all, when I decided to move the entire system. The new location was close enough to my wireless router that I also connected the ethernet line. I also attempted to set up a local network so that I could share files with the IBM comp. computers in the house.
First, I was unsuccessful at that and now my iChat video does not work. It starts and I see the window with my image, then states it is starting a video chat with whomever I am attempting to speak with. After a minute or two it states that I did not ackknowledge/accept....

So, I screwed something up and have no idea what. I have disabled the firewall on the router, still no luck.

I think I would like to reset all system options to their original preset, is there a way to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Not sure how you would do that. Just wondering though.... Is it possible that you may have a pending iChat AV request still out there? Just a thought.

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I am not sure, how would I find out? (thanks for the reply btw)

Edited: I dont think this will be it, one of the things I tried was restarting the computer when the problem first occured after re-attaching all the cables.

I was looking for something last night that would allow me to reset to say last friday such as Microsoft operating systems allow.

This will teach me to screw around with things when really tired. :eek:neye:

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just to let everyone know how this was resolved...

It appears this was an issue with connecting through the router. I have since reconnected the Airport connection and the iChat video/audio run fine now. I am not sure if the mac runs the two internet connections seperately allowing different applications to use the seperate pathways or not however once I restarted the airport connection the problem simply disappeared.

I never found a way to "go back" to system settings as they were say 2 days ago or if that option exists on a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Glad it worked out. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.