Newbiest question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Hi all,
I am trying to take a photo on my mac and post it on a website. But, I dont have photo booth. Anything else I can use to take and save pics with?
Thanks nicecrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Of your screen or of yourself?

C

chas_m

How did you manage to get rid of Photo Booth?

You could also use QuickTime X (Snow Leopard) or Address Book (yes) to take an image of yourself.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Any online that i can save as a link and post on another forum?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 2 GHz Core2Duo Intel, 10.6.6, 2GB RAM
Any online that i can save as a link and post on another forum?

Either Control-click or Right-click on the image and select Copy Image Location from the popup menu. You can then paste that URL into your forum post (use that little icon with the mountains here for example).

Screen shot020511.png

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
C

chas_m

I teach Mac classes, and you would not BELIEVE the number of times cats mess with the Universal Access settings!! It's gotten so that if someone says to me "my screen is suddenly all weird-colored" or "my text is suddenly huge and fuzzy and follow me around" my first question back to them is "do you have a cat?"

And to date, this has solved the issue at least 90% of the time!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see the need for a Barking Dog APP that activates when the iSight camera detects a cat moving into range! :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I see the need for a Barking Dog APP that activates when the iSight camera detects a cat moving into range! :)

That's actually a pretty interesting idea. The app. would need to have some sort of "cat recognition" ability (sort of like face recognition software)...otherwise it would just be a motion detection app.

Of course for this to work...the iSight camera would have to be on all the time. And you know how those sneaky cats are...they would probably approach the computer/laptop 90° from the iSight camera (from the side)...where the camera might not "see/detect" the cat approaching.;)

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's actually a pretty interesting idea. The app. would need to have some sort of "cat recognition" ability (sort of like face recognition software)...otherwise it would just be a motion detection app.

Of course for this to work...the iSight camera would have to be on all the time. And you know how those sneaky cats are...they would probably approach the computer/laptop 90° from the iSight camera (from the side)...where the camera might not "see/detect" the cat approaching.;)

- Nick
The cat recognition module might be doable. We have a lot of pictures of our two dogs (kids out of the house but no grandkids yet) and though it isn't supposed to work, the Faces feature of iPhoto does a fairly decent job picking them out and identifying them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.