• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

1979 KX80 restoration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac duce core and a 15" I7 MBP
Hi all, My 9 yr old son and I ride dirt bikes. I just picked up a shed find 1979 kawasaki KX80. Is there anyone on these forums familiar with old dirt bikes? This old bike needs a lot of attention. Does anyone have parts, information or parts bikes out there? I have surfed the web for hours to research and find parts information and thought that I might get lucky finding parts through a less formal approach. Thanks, Tony

Reaction score
Hi all, My 9 yr old son and I ride dirt bikes. I just picked up a shed find 1979 kawasaki KX80. Is there anyone on these forums familiar with old dirt bikes? This old bike needs a lot of attention. Does anyone have parts, information or parts bikes out there? I have surfed the web for hours to research and find parts information and thought that I might get lucky finding parts through a less formal approach. Thanks, Tony

I am an avid motorcyclist. (I was a motorcycle training instructor for the state of California for about 15 years, and I've been riding for about 40 years.)

Some online dealers specialize in selling old motorcycle parts just for your bike. See:
1979 Kawasaki KX80(KX80A1)US Parts, 1979 Kawasaki KX80(KX80A1)US OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

A great place to find parts for an old motorcycle is eBay. You would be surprised at what you can find.

Another great place to find parts is at local motorcycle swap meets. (Depending on where you live.)

You should join a Web-based Kawasaki discussion groups and ask about what others have available. For instance, here is a group for the similar KX60:
Kawasaki KX 60 discussion group

You can post wanted ads, for free, on your local CraigsList in the motorcycle section.

There are motorcycle wrecking yards all over the country, and they have a system where they can get in touch with each other and locate parts for you. See:
Motorcycle Salvage Yards | ATV Salvage Yards | Motorcycle Junkyard

Finally, your local Kawasaki dealer may have an old-fashioned (physical) bulletin board where you can put up a 3 x 5 card asking for parts from fellow Kawasaki owners.

I hope this helps.

Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
OS X Maintenance And Troubleshooting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count

One of dads friend knows and has some things on those. i will ask him sometime if i see him

OP
iMacaroni2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac duce core and a 15" I7 MBP
Thanks to the both of you. I have been to bikebandit,eBay,craigs'..etc. I am hoping that someone here has a friend that knows a friend who has some parts/bikes that I could acquire at a reasonable (non eBay) cost. Please ask around your area. I may just find the parts I'm looking for. Thanks for everyone's input and time, Tony

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.