wireless mouse

Reaction score
the mouse was working fine I was trying to set the the track pad that the compuetr couldn't find so I turned off the mouse. still couldn't locate trackpad but now the mouse curser will not move. I don't know how to shut the computer off with the keyboard maybe this would reset it, getting frustrated getting used to the mac but not giving up. help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Press the power button once, this will bring up a shut down dialog box, press enter to shut the machine down.

If the same problem is still occurring, then post back, but also post back with you machine specs and wireless mouse specs.

Cheers
- Simon

OP
J
Reaction score
still not working

I pushed the power button on computer just once it turned it off i left it off a little bit turned it back on the same curser stuck.

I have an I mac 27'' I7 8 gig ram it came with a magic mouse.
what about taking out the batteries and reinstalling them, but if that doesn't work will the mouse still be paired with the i mac.

Thanks JIM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
When you say
I pushed the power button on computer just once it turned it off
did you have to press enter to shut it down or did the screen go off by itself?

If it when off by itself then it only went to sleep and maybe the best course of action is to hold the power button down for 6 seconds to force shut down, then turn it back on and try again.

If however it did shut down properly then do you have access to a wired mouse? If so then use that to check all the settings in System Prefs > Mouse.
You can try to change the batteries, it should stayed paired with the iMac, but like I say if you have a wired mouse available then you can check.

HTH
- Simon

OP
J
Reaction score
went off by itself

I then found the small book that came with the mac, it said turn off mac, unplug a couple seconds. after turning it back on things are normal again. Now I guess i have to try try the trackpad again, can you have them both working at the same time? Thanks for your help. I have a large learning curve to the mac, but so far the machine is soooooo fast compared with the old sony.

JIM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't see why you couldn't have both working at the same time although I have never had a use for two mice so have never tried it before.
Post back the results :)

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.