• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Cleanliness PC vc Mac Users.

M

macguy.nielsen

Cleanliness PC vs. Mac Users.

I must say, that when I was looking through the setups and desks on this forum that I was amazed at the cleanliness of all your computer stations. Which brought up a question, so who is actually cleaner PC or Mac users? Here is a quick picture I took of my bosses PC keyboard and one of my Mac keyboard. Let the arguing begin :)

HPIM1089.jpg

HPIM1091.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The poll should have an option of "both are equally messy and neat."

I've seen no trend in who's messier, although my sample population is about 75% PC and 25% Mac. Considering both sets of people, I've found them to be about even.

I voted for both being messy. :)

OP
T

Tel

I voted both messy too. I find most setups I see are messy but I just have silly cleanliness standards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
mine is clean, but my dads is full of crumbs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i had a pc.. and it was messy wires everywhere... papers and such on the desk... i bought a mac.. and i completly had a change of heart.. I like things neater now.. i really dont' know why... just kind of happened, lol.. so i voted macs are neater..

OP
Z

zap2

there are mess and clean mac and Pc users, but there are more clean PC users and more messy PC users becuz there are more PC users

Reaction score
I'll never understand these huge generalizations people try to make based on a single factor.

OP
M

macguy.nielsen

mynameis said:
I'll never understand these huge generalizations people try to make based on a single factor.

If you are saying that I am making mass generalizations from what I posted that is wrong to assume. I posted those pictures just as an expample not the only factor to choose from.

Can't please everyone all the time *shakes head in shame*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
in my experience, both are messy.

Reaction score
The factor I am talking about is a person's choice of computer, which has really nothing to do with whether they are going to be a clean or messy person.

OP
M

macguy.nielsen

mynameis said:
The factor I am talking about is a person's choice of computer, which has really nothing to do with whether they are going to be a clean or messy person.

I'd have to disagree with that to a certian extent. I believe that if someone is proud of their equipment they will take better care of it. Just like if you had an old Ford Topaz that is rusting out or a new VW Jetta, which would you take more time in taking care of?

Reaction score
macguy.nielsen said:
I'd have to disagree with that to a certian extent. I believe that if someone is proud of their equipment they will take better care of it. Just like if you had an old Ford Topaz that is rusting out or a new VW Jetta, which would you take more time in taking care of?

I agree that is someone is 'proud' of their equipment that they'll take better care of it. I think a better example would be a New Ford vs. a New VW, to parallel the PC v. Mac idea though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Well, I've noticed:

Mac users are cleaner.
PC users have brighter, healthier teeth and gums.
Mac users can run faster and jump higher.
PC users produce the most beautiful ice sculptures.
Mac users have better table manners.
PC users are more loyal and trustworthy.
Linux users are less likely to get into drugs and drop out of school as teenagers.
Solaris users are really good at arm-wrestling.
And women who use Plan 9 are really great in bed. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
XP users are rather unstable. Ahahaha.

My keyboard currently looks like the first pic, the only way I know of cleaning it using compressed air and frankly, I'm too lazy to buy some.

OP
M

macguy.nielsen

edgefusion said:
XP users are rather unstable. Ahahaha.

My keyboard currently looks like the first pic, the only way I know of cleaning it using compressed air and frankly, I'm too lazy to buy some.

HAHA! You ever think that your keyboard is that way BECAUSE you're lazy? :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Well I am a Windows and a Mac user....so what does that make me?

Sorry, I really think this thread is nothing more than flame bait.

OP
M

macguy.nielsen

D3v1L80Y said:
Well I am a Windows and a Mac user....so what does that make me?

Sorry, I really think this thread is nothing more than flame bait.

Well this is a "poll" and does not require any reply, just a vote. Not at all intended to be flame bait. Never knew a poll would cause so much stress with people. *sigh*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
macguy.nielsen said:
HAHA! You ever think that your keyboard is that way BECAUSE you're lazy? :eek:

That would be the logical conclusion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
I'm a dirty pig

OP
B

blackscooby

Erm so I'm a Windows and a Linux user..... Both are on the same keyboard mouse etc.
Immaculate keyboard / mouse at home. Can't cope with it looking crappy.

Work keyboard is a disgrace as it wasn't mine originally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.