IPad type of tablet to do 3D animation/Photoshop

Reaction score
How long do we have to wait for a touch screen computer with a non phone OS that will also do 3D animation and run Photoshop ?

Reaction score
How long do we have to wait for a touch screen computer with a non phone OS that will also do 3D animation and run Photoshop ?

Both of those things require as much processor power as you can find. Since tablet computers try to do the most that they can using processors that are not high-end, but that can run for a long time on a charge, it's unlikely that we will see 3D modeling and a full version of Photoshop on a tablet anytime soon.

However, Hewlett-Packard already has touchscreen desktop computers. There have been no rumors that I've seen that Apple intends to come out with a touchscreen desktop computer in the near future, but you never know. They could easily do so if they thought that there was a demand.

Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
OS X Maintenance And Troubleshooting

Reaction score
try this bad boy, not cheap but would do the job, had a play with one running CS4 it's awsome, come down in price too, they were 2.5k then!

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.
PieBoy - I am very familiar with the Cintiq ( I have eyed them since they came out )

I had a tablet PC before the current MacBook Pro. That is a poor mans Cintiq.
I now have the MBP as well as a large drawing tablet, but I honestly miss the ability to paint onto the screen.

OP
M
Reaction score
try this bad boy, not cheap but would do the job, had a play with one running CS4 it's awsome, come down in price too, they were 2.5k then!

I have been looking at this Asus tablet. Here is a comparison video next to the Cintiq .
I think I am going to go for it since it actually has a real OS that can run Photoshop and do basic 3D.
My favorite software is PC only and I grow tired of switching to the Windows partition to use it. ( What is the use of a Mac if I just use it like a PC right ? )
Thanks for all your help guys !

Drawing With The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Compared To Wacom Cintiq 21UX | Tablets Planet

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
would not bother with a mod book. everyone i have talked to that has it said the modbook have kept their computer like 3-4 months just to process it. no thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.