Audio Stuttering with 8 GB of RAM & 2.26 Processor?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I use my Mac with a variety of audio applications. Primarily Reason, Record, Logic and Virtual DJ.

I was using VDJ tonight and noticed that some songs were stuttering. I should have more than enough ram in my computer to handle anything I throw at it, although the stuttering left me questioning this. To beat match songs, I was not adjusting pitch more than a few BPM (130 to 129 / 127 to 129 etc), so I do not think the pitch adjustment should be causing this.

I have a MacBook Pro 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8 GB of ram.

Is there a way to set different user application settings? By this, I mean can I tell the computer to pull up a different user profile for my separate application needs? (EX: Audio, Graphic Design and Film Editing). I am wondering if the amount of ram-heavy applications that I have on my computer are affecting this, even though I am not running any program in the back when I am using VDJ.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.