• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pirates of Silicon Valley

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to tell you guys about a movie I saw a few days ago. Its called Pirates of Silicon Valley. Its a great film about the creation of Apple and Microsoft. I suggest this to anyone who likes computers and especially apple. However, some parts are a bit inappropriate... I just skipped over them. But, anyways its a great film... once you see it, you will know what i mean.
Enjoy!
nicecrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
Yep, I remember that film. It brings up a lot of "what if" scenarios doesn't it? I like to think though that regardless of how people may feel about the Microsoft/Apple situation in the early days it has ultimately worked out for the best. All those years as the underdog forced Apple to focus on REAL innovation rather than what passes for innovation out of Redmond. Now after all these years Apple stands on the brink of dominating the tech industry. The one thing that has kept Windows alive has been PC gaming and with consoles poised to drive a stake thru the heart of that market Apple is prepared to pick up the pieces and marshall onward.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Yea. Sadly though, I liked the story of Microsoft better. Bill was a little more chill about getting Windows started. Macintosh and Apple fought a lot before they really came together.
Just MO
A must see for mac and windows users
nicecrew

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That film is a lot of revisionist history. It completely ignores every other company, many of which were far more influential on the Personal Computer market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
That film is a lot of revisionist history. It completely ignores every other company, many of which were far more influential on the Personal Computer market.

Revisionist history, nothing. It's a drama loosely based on certain true events.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It was a made for TV movie. Do you really expect any sort of accuracy?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.