One more for the newbie

D

danlake

ok.. so i spent around $600 on RAM for my VAIO about 2 months ago and I would really like to be able to still use it if I can.. is it going to work in my new 15" 1.67GHz Powerbook (I ordered today.. so excited) or should I look into purchasing (sigh) a new stick.

Cheers all..

Oh it's 333 DDR Ram 1GB Stick.. sorry forgot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
you can go to crucial dot com and look up the specific type of RAM for your PB. i believe that it won't work though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
PowerBooks need PC 2700 DDR333 SO-DIMMs. If that is what you have, then there is a good chance it will work.

....and I have to ask.....You spent $600 for 1 GB stick of RAM!!!!????...sounds to me like you were seriously..and I mean seriously ripped off big time, my friend.

OP
D

danlake

D3v1L80Y said:
PowerBooks need PC 2700 DDR333 SO-DIMMs. If that is what you have, then there is a good chance it will work.

....and I have to ask.....You spent $600 for 1 GB stick of RAM!!!!????...sounds to me like you were seriously..and I mean seriously ripped off big time, my friend.

no no.. i spent $600AUD on two sticks of 1GB RAM... that was at wholesale though.. it was expensive back then!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
danlake said:
no no.. i spent $600AUD on two sticks of 1GB RAM... that was at wholesale though.. it was expensive back then!

Sorry, but you still got hosed.
I got a 1 GB stick for my iBook like 3-4 months ago. I only spent $115 for it.
I don't know where you got yours, but I got mine at www.newegg.com
:black:

OP
D

danlake

thanks guys.. had a look at crucial and it seems as though they both take the same PC2700 RAM... Thank GOD! Is it just me or is the RAM on the apple website out of this world expensive.

I must say I haven't even GOT my powerbook yet and I feel that mac's got this whole community thing going on..

.. lovin' it mate!

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
glad it worked out.

OP
D

danlake

D3v1L80Y said:
Sorry, but you still got hosed.
I got a 1 GB stick for my iBook like 3-4 months ago. I only spent $115 for it.
I don't know where you got yours, but I got mine at www.newegg.com
:black:

Man that's cheap!!

oh how i'd love to live in america where the IT companies roam free... and the consumers pay less..

as much as I'd love to buy from a US site... I just cant do it.. call me a woos..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
danlake said:
thanks guys.. had a look at crucial and it seems as though they both take the same PC2700 RAM... Thank GOD! Is it just me or is the RAM on the apple website out of this world expensive.

I must say I haven't even GOT my powerbook yet and I feel that mac's got this whole community thing going on..

.. lovin' it mate!

Cheers

Yeah, don't EVER get the RAM upgrade from Apple. They will tear your wallet apart with the prices they have for RAM upgrades. NewEgg has the best prices for RAM that I have seen. Plus, RAM is a Customer Installable Part on almost every Mac, so it is kinda silly to pay them anyway when it is something so simple that you could do yourself.

Have fun with your new PowerBook (when you get it) and welcome to the Forums. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.