Mac Mini Disconnecting from internet randomly

Reaction score
So I bought a Mac Mini a few months ago, and I've been very happy with it. I ran some updates last night, and today I've noticed that it keeps disconnecting from the internet about every 15 minutes. The issue is temporarily resolved if I restart my computer, or turn Airport off and on. I've searched the internet for a way to resolve this, but I'm having no luck finding anything.

To specify, when it does this, Airport still shows full bars as usual. I've checked every other device connected to the internet in my house, and everything else works fine when the Mac Mini is having this problem.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.2Ghz Quad-Core, Mid 2010
Have you tried just turning the DSL/Cable MODEM or such off?
The bars on the Airport only means how good the "signal" is, not the connection.
Just unplug the MODEM or turning it off for about a minute will just clear the memory and you don't have to reconfigure anything.
I have to do that to mine every so often when I have connection problems and works 95 percent of the time.

After reading your question again, you mean all the other devices DON'T lose their connections at the same time as the Mini? If the wireless card in the Mini is replaceable you might try unplugging it and replugging it back in? Some computers have worked better after doing it, so I've read on the interweb.
Also, believe it or not, just making a new connection setting on the Mini sometimes works. Just make a new connection and rename it and see if that helps. That's been going on since 10.2 I believe, though rare, it does help sometimes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.