MacPro and MacBookPro using same screen?

Reaction score
Hey All, Just a quick idea i had looking to see if it is possible. I have a MacBook and a MacBookPro, and i also have the 24inch cinema display screen.
What I want to know is if it is possible to have both computers use the same screen with out having to unplug any wires. Is there a switch box or a 2 into 1 wire that can be used so i dont have to continually have to keep unplugging and re plugging the mini display port wire. Maybe even a 3-way so i can get my flat screen to get in on some of the action. I do not want to have it for use as a dual screen just something so that i can put my macbookpro in a docking station and be able to use the cinema display screen.

Thank

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
I'm not sure what input the display takes (from what i could find on wikipedia its like a dvi-d single or dual link input, someone correct me if i'm wrong here) but you could just hook the display up to a kvm switch that is compatible with the input on the display. Something like this Newegg.com - Rosewill RKV-2DVI KVM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.