• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I just downloaded the newest version of Skype and you can now do video
chats with the new vt model panasonic plasmas with the camera option.

Reaction score
I like the setup now, it was in a dying need of a update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I hate the new one, so much so, that I am now downloading the older version again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
I love the new one, I'm so glad they finally did an overhaul on it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I hate the new one, so much so, that I am now downloading the older version again.

I haven't bothered upgrading since I don't use it much, but am curious to know why you feel this way?

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The window is really big and obtrusive even when scaled down to the smallest size possible.
It has a sidebar similar to the finder window, with information that you can't hide, and you can't hide the sidebar.
You can't sort contacts like you can in the old one.
I'm sure I could go on, but I think that's enough.

Reaction score
safari4.1.3

hello everybody i am new to this forum so please excuse any forum protocol I might be breaking
the point is I have used both mac's and skype for years and am currently using safari 4.1.3 on an I mac and have had skype working well for a long time last night I decided to check for update on skype and downloded the latest version all I get now is that skype does not work with this version of safari is it posible to get an older version of skype anywhere. Ijust can't seem to find one :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
Can you not just download a newer version of Safari? 5.0.3 I believe

But if you must, you can most likely find it here: http://www.oldversion.com/

+rep if I could help!

Reaction score
hello everybody i am new to this forum so please excuse any forum protocol I might be breaking
the point is I have used both mac's and skype for years and am currently using safari 4.1.3 on an I mac and have had skype working well for a long time last night I decided to check for update on skype and downloded the latest version all I get now is that skype does not work with this version of safari is it posible to get an older version of skype anywhere. Ijust can't seem to find one :Oops:

What iMac is it? What version of Mac OS X is it currently running?

If it's a Tiger machine, 4.x.x is best bet for Safari.

If it's a Leopard or Snow Leopard machine, the latest 5.x.x version should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.