PDA

View Full Version : Soundbite from You Tube . . .

michael180
01-27-2011, 04:54 PM
I found a You Tube video that has the perfect intro music I want to use in an iMovie. It's only 51s of the six minute song. I don't know how to get hold of the author. My question is how can I capture this snippet without having to learn some new software program.

Any suggestions . . .

robduckyworth
01-28-2011, 06:27 PM
download the video, extract the audio (MPEG Streamclip) then trim it with audacity or garageband. then get hold of the author and make sure your allowed to use it :)

Oneironaut
01-31-2011, 10:35 AM
If it's on YouTube, can't you just email the person who posted it to get permission? If it's not yours and you can't reach the author, I wouldn't use it in anything other than private projects for your own use.

You can use Tooble or Get Tube to download the video. As mentioned, MPEG Streamclip has a quick and easy way to demux audio and video.

Stanley
01-31-2011, 10:52 AM
If it's on YouTube, can't you just email the person who posted it to get permission? If it's not yours and you can't reach the author, I wouldn't use it in anything other than private projects for your own use.

You can use Tooble or Get Tube to download the video. As mentioned, MPEG Streamclip has a quick and easy way to demux audio and video.

if you use Safari, you can use the "FastestTube" extension to add a download tab to your options or on a youtube page.

robduckyworth
01-31-2011, 01:38 PM
or instead of wasting disk space with an app to download it, go into activity view in safari, and download it from the cache.

Stanley
01-31-2011, 01:42 PM
or instead of wasting disk space with an app to download it, go into activity view in safari, and download it from the cache.

I used to do that, but using the safari extension is SO much simpler and the disk space use by the small file is miniscule.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14241&stc=1&d=1296496207

robduckyworth
01-31-2011, 03:47 PM
flash blocker does it too, if you right click on the video.