• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pondering a security issue here

Reaction score
Okay guys so the strangest thing just occured to me as I was talking to my buddy on skype. Some random wanted to add me to my contact list. So i msged them asking who it was and they said they were from algeria so I was like hmm, dont know anyone from there so this is odd. Then i realized without even having to click something, I was in a video conversation with them. It did not show them, but in the message i sent to them it showed video was broadcasting. So then it led me to believe it was some hacker. Been having weird experiences, FB account tried to be hacked from Peurto Rico. So im asking you guys if there is any program for my mac that will let me find and delete trackers, spyware, and basically anything that will give this dude access to my information if he did place something there. I would like to find anything that could be compromised because I do not want who ever this is to be stealing information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
In cases like that, you should immediately drop trow and moon the suspected hacker.

Reaction score
If you have your Skype setting set to "Skype Me!" then this is why.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.