How do I register Apple Care?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4, MBP
I'm really enjoying my new MBP. I bought the Apple Care protection and they gave me a box with a disc and an instruction booklet. I put the disc in my MBP and it popped up a box that had as one of the choices, register you apple care plan. I clicked on it and it opened Safari to a registration page. It says there's supposed to be a registration number in the box but I can't find it. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4, MBP
There should be a small white sticker on a 4 page pamphlet with the registration number.

Otherwise, see How to find your AppleCare registration number

Nope. No such pamphlet. There is a booklet they goes over what is covered (in english and french) but it doesn't have the number. I've been to the website you listed. Nothing like what they show is included.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Then you'll need to contact AppleCare support clicking the link here:

Note: If you do not have the retail box or envelope or cannot find the card or booklet inside, contact AppleCare Agreement Support with your original receipt (or purchase order) and the serial number of the product covered by the agreement.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you buy directly from Apple? If you bought the Apple care warranty either from their on line store or from an Apple store, it's already registered. I bought our Mac direct from my local Apple store and they registered it for me.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4, MBP
chscag, I bought it from the Apple store when I bought the MBP. I need to call them about the rebate for the "free printer" that came with the computer (haven't found the form) so I'll ask about it.

While we're discussing registering, do I need to register iLife or the MBP? When I first logged on it asked if I wanted to register. I said yes and signed into my Apple account. Is that all I need to do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, that's fine. That will also give you a userid and password for the new App store. When you call them for the rebate form (they probably forgot to give it to you) ask to make sure they registered your Apple care.

They should send you several email confirmations: Your sales receipts for both the MBP and Apple care. They may also send you an email rebate form for the printer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I just remembered to register my new iMAC, so I went to the Apple Store and under Support I was able to register my new iMAC (first I had to get's it's SN) from the About this MAC link in the APPLE icon.

Once I registered it displayed all the info on my system to include stating I was covered under the AppleCare program until 2014.

Sweet, I'm getting to like this.

Tom

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4, MBP
I called the store and the transferred me to Applecare. The store had already registered my MBP and the Applecare. I'm just not used to this kind of service when buying a computer. But I could get used to it. :D

My wife was looking at the 27" iMac at the store. I may have to save up and get her one for our anniversary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I'm really enjoying my new MBP. I bought the Apple Care protection and they gave me a box with a disc and an instruction booklet. I put the disc in my MBP and it popped up a box that had as one of the choices, register you apple care plan. I clicked on it and it opened Safari to a registration page. It says there's supposed to be a registration number in the box but I can't find it. Any ideas?

i see you got it resolved but I got the same box on my first MBP and the number was on a sticker on the outside of the box. As they did with you my
second MBP was registered the day I bought it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.