Burning an ISO image

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

I am sure this has been dealt with before on the forum but I just can find a relative thread.
Quick question re burning an ISO image which I have not yet done on the Mac, I have recently bought some Apple software Aperture, Pages and Numbers from the new Mac app store. I have backed up with time machine but would feel happier if I could also make bootable DVD`s of the above just in case all goes wrong, is this possible and if so what is the easies way of doing this on the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Why waste the discs? If you really bought that stuff from the new App store, they will have you on record and so even if you lose your current copy, it will always be available for you to download again for free.

Of course, if you really insist:

1. Insert a blank disc.
  2. Start Disk Utility.
  3. From the File menu, choose Open Disk Image and select the ISO to be burned.
  4. In the list of volumes, you will now see an item representing the ISO file. Select it.
  5. Click the Burn button and follow the instructions.

Doug

OP
newscribe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your extremely quick reply, the apps are in my Mac store purchases and I also have the receipt emails from Apple, but did not think / realise that reclaiming the downloads if needed would be that easy.
As a test I have just removed numbers and now see in the purchased apps it has changed from installed to install so will just reinstall it.:)

Also thanks for the ISO lesson and I will defiantly try this at some point as it is something new to me on my Mac learning curve.:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.