I have 3 macs. Need help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13" 2.13 4gb ram 256 gb flash. MBP 13" 2.4 4gb ram 250gb HDD
I'm new to the forums first of all.
I currently have a MacBook pro 13 late 2010 model
MacBook air 13 late 2010 model
MacBook white unibody late 2010 model
I find myself addicted to apple products. But I'm debating on selling some of these. Do you think I should?
I'm about to move out on my own and I want to setup a room in my house as an office. So do you think I should have maybe the MacBook pro in the office connected to a external display as if it was an iMac?
And then just keep the MacBook air?
Or maybe sell the white one and get a Mac mini and put it in the living room entertainment center and connect it to my tv?
Or sell both the pro and white and get an iMac and a mini?
What should I do?
Any suggestions? What should my setup be?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Hard to say what do you use it for and what future apps are planning on purchasing I am
content with a MBP 15 and an iPad/iPhone everyone is different. I would say if you need
screen realestate sell the 2 you use the least and get an iMac.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would say with three laptops of similar vintage...I would sell two & keep one.

Then you could:

- buy a Mac-mini as you mentioned
- buy an iMac
- but a nice big external monitor to plug your 1 remaining laptop into when at your desk at home
- save the money from the sale of the 2 laptops towards the purchase of your next Mac (in a few years)
- invest the money from the sale of the two laptops

- Nick

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nice. good advice. i think im going to sell 2 of em but at least for sure one of em.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Im interested in why you bought 3 similar Apple products ??? If your a  fan as you say you are then wouldnt of Oh i dont know Lets say Bought a MBP, iPad and iPhone or something along those lines ??

The MB and MBP are they same except for the casing and RAM and the air is same screen size to the others ..... Just curious as too why 3 VERY similar products ??

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Here's a thought

Unless you really need three lap tops, and I am not sure why that might be so, consider what I did. MB Pro 15", 500 gig drive, 8 gig ram, the 27" monitor and blue tooth keyboard and magic mouse. Best of all worlds as a home computer but just unplug and go with the lap top alone for trips and remote use. I do have a 64 gig wifi 3g iPad for quick and dirty surfing and email use as well.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I have 3 machines because 2 of em were given to me as gifts. I also have an iPad and an iPhone as the other guy had asked. But I think I'm gonna hold on to the air and sell the other 2 and maybe buy a mini for the living room and a super drive for my air so when I plug it into my display in my office. Any other suggestions? How does everyone else have their little setup ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.