A Stupid Question

Reaction score
That looks like a disk image. If you have installed the app you can eject the image.

C

chas_m

It's not a stupid question, it's a "teachable moment!" :)

You DO eject that icon, but only AFTER you moved its contents to the (in this case) Applications folder.

Basically, a lot of Mac software one downloads (like this one) comes as a DMG -- or Disk Image -- file. Double-clicking the DMG opens the "virutal disk" on which the actual software (or whatever) is stored. Generally, the user is supposed to then manually drag the goodies to their appropriate folder (usually Applications). Once that step is done, the disk image as well as the original DMG file can be trashed.

A somewhat more visual version of this answer is here:
How to Install Software from DMG Files on a Mac

HTH!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
That really had me confused the first time I installed a file via .dmg. I must have downloaded the app 3 or 4 times before I figured out what the illustration showing a folder with an arrow pointing to the applications folder meant. haha It's a simple "rookie" mistake.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.