Slideshow from a DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
I have 4 DVDs each with about 300 images on them from hubby's trip to the Holy Land. The lady that took the photos distributed DVDs to everyone. The slide show will work on my old Dell but I am not able to find a way to get them to play on my Mac. The DVD player says it is not compatible. The images do come up in Preview but I have to click on each image separately. With so many images on each DVD, it just isn't feasible to do this. Is there a way to play these in slideshow platform on the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Open them in Preview, so that they are all listed in the drawer on the right (By selecting them all in the Finder and then opening then with Preview) and go the the View menu and choose Slideshow.

For a more fine controlled slideshow, you can import them into iPhoto and running a slideshow from there.
iPhoto Tutorial: Apple - iLife - Tutorials - iPhoto - Create a Slideshow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
If you can open the dvd window in Finder, select all the photos, right click and select Slideshow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.