How to create an interactive, menu-driven CD

Reaction score
I want to create a menu-driven CD with buttons for movie clips, articles (documents), and possibly audio.

How do I do that and what software do I need?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
You know, there's a number of authoring packages, but if you want cross platform compatibility, you _could_ always make it HTML based. If you're just using static documents and client side scripting, you don't need a web server.

Several years back we produced a product demo CD for a client, and used a full on compiled language, but it was OS specific (Winders© only) and required an install, plus additional runtime installs.

A few years after that, they wanted to do an all new version of it, on DVD (with much more multi-media content) and we did it all in HTML and Javascript, and it was nice because no install, simple development, etc., and as a perk, it could be easily deployed to the web. At the time there were a couple of pretty good JS DB runtime engines too, so it was totally searchable, extensible, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.