Urgent help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
There doesn't really seem to be a "catch", the person has 79 feedback all with 100% positive. The machine has a scratch granted but seems very good to me. Will be able to use Logic 9 on it, may want a RAM upgrade at some point.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
That machine did not ship with Snow Leopard and iLife '09, so make sure you get install DVD's included. Also make sure you get the original gray DVD's that would contain Leopard. IMO, the price is about to the max for that machine, so bid accordingly.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i'm a total 'noob' when it comes to this so I'm going in to it quite blind. As long as the machine will run logic 9 smoothly etc I'll be happy. Anything else I should know? I really appreciate your input.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Be very careful about buying a used machine (whether it be a PC or a Mac) from eBay. Buying sight unseen could be OK but you really do not know if everything is working until you can try it at home. And returning the machine to the seller in the event it has a problem, could be a real hassle. IMO, the Apple refurbished store is the best place to buy a discounted Mac.

Reaction score
I have to second the refurbished store. Ebay can be very risky, and if you're on a tight budget that could be dangerous. I realize that the refurb. store is more pricey, but you get the peace of mind that what you are getting is as close to new (and 100% legit with software that is included) as you can possibly get aside from buying brand new. And as far as I know, the refurbs are covered for some period of time? Don't quote me on that because I'm not positive. But regardless of that part, you could rest assured that the refurbed machine you get will be clean and as reliable as you can get. Apple goes through them with a fine tooth comb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
And as far as I know, the refurbs are covered for some period of time? Don't quote me on that because I'm not positive. But regardless of that part, you could rest assured that the refurbed machine you get will be clean and as reliable as you can get. Apple goes through them with a fine tooth comb.

The refurbs are covered with the full 12 month warranty, and you also have the option to purchase the AppleCare protection plan anytime before the 12 month warranty expires to give you an additional 2yrs warranty with tech support.

The tech support is 90 days with the original warranty, however, AppleCare protection plan has tech support for the full term, so if you were to purchase the protection plan before the 90 day tech support expires, you would have it for the full 3 yrs from the date of the initial purchase of the Mac.

So, +1 for the refurbs :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.