• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie upload to MobileMe

Reaction score
The last 24 hours I've spent trying to get a Christmas iMovie published to my MobileMe account. I even let it export overnight to no avail. It gets stuck on 5 seconds to go. This morning I started all over. It said I had 55 minutes of upload time (it began with 7 hours then 6 hours, etc., down to 55 minutes after about 5 minutes of operating). Then as the 55 minutes dwindles down accurately it again got hung up on 5 seconds to go. That was 90 minutes ago. I'm so frustrated! I'm beginning to wonder if the $100 yearly fee for MobileMe is even worth it!
Any advice from any of you who've had this problem?

OP
W
Reaction score
Update

It's still stuck on 5 seconds 5 hours later. But I have tried to post it to iWeb, but that hasn't loaded either. MobileMe is mobile crap for this so far, too. On another post someone suggested using VIMEO. I did do that. It's free for basic service. It took an 90 minutes to upload the video. But when you email your link, it takes another 30-45 minutes for the entire video/movie to load. Mine is 15 minutes long, so I know it's lengthy and longer than what many may post. But should you find yourself in the same pickle, it will work eventually. If it weren't Sunday, I'd just burn a disc of the movie and FedEx it to my parents! After all the time I've spent on this the last 2 days I would have saved money just doing that.
If anyone else comes across something better, please share.

C

chas_m

I don't know what the issue is, but I upload movies to my MobileMe gallery all the time without issue.

Have you turned off all the "energy saver" type things (actually it's okay to let the DISPLAY sleep, but NOT the hard drive or CPU)? Just a guess, but maybe that's an issue?

The fact that this movie takes 90 minutes to upload to Vimeo tells me one thing right off the bat: TOO BIG (or you have an unbelievably crappy upstream speed).

Not sure what file format/resolution size you're saving to but you should be using MP4 (or just use iMovie's built-in "share to MobileMe" settings).

Try exporting it as an MP4 movie to your own hard drive first (oooh, there's another thought ... do you have AT LEAST 12GB of available free space on your drive?). See if you're successful with that and report back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.