NEWB Pre-Arrival Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Just ordered my first iMAC and it should be here in a few days, I'm in the process of backing up all my PC's files etc on an external HD but I want to double check how to setup and get my e-mail working. I have Charter Pipeline. Here are the current setting I'm using for my PC:

POP

Incoming Email Server: pop.charter.net
Outgoing Email Server: smtp.charter.net
Server Type: POP3 Server
Web Mail Address: Home - Welcome to Charter.net

Aside from my logon userid and pw is this all I need to get my e-mail up and running?

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo: 2.4Ghz: 4GB Memory)
sought hencan

Hi.....I just switched to a mac this past week....you will love it. From what I know of just doing it... just open the mail program on your mac and it will ask you for name, email address and password and then it will setup everything for your automatically....hope this helps...I know I am new to this world too but want to try and help if I can :) The people are very helpful on these boards...enjoy your Mac!

C

chas_m

TomServo:
You're overthinking this. I know, it's how they do it in Windows -- but this is a Mac.

How do you set up your internet and get your email working on a new Mac?

Turn it on. :)

Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.