Macbook Upgrade Or Cell

Reaction score
I currently own a 2.0GHZ intel Core 2 Duo Macbook White Model 2,1 Mid 2007 with 4Gb RAM only really uses 3Gb (upgraded recently):) and 80HD I was thinking about getting a 500 HD or more that it will cost me around 100 $ or less.. Do u think I should just sell my computer and get a new one or upgrade it. The computer is in perfect condition but I am lacking video memory etc that can not be upgraded it

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Depends if your needs have outgrown your current MB. Would be nice if we knew what your computing needs are. That way we could better advise you.

OP
D
Reaction score
I use my computer for daily basics (surf web, emails, hw, etc) as far as the softwares I used are photoshop, autocat, word, etc nothing that elaborated but I do have a lot of music, movies and that is why I really want to change the HD because I am tired of carrying my 1TB external HD

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
As long as your MB still works then I would just upgrade the HDD.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your help.. do you think i should go for a 5400rpm or a 7200?? I can get more space with the 5400 for the same money or the difference in rpm is really great?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.