Router problem - final question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9
Hello,

as you might know from my previous posts, I've been messing around with my wireless network and two different routers. It has boiled down to this:

1) Networking with the first router (D-Link): my Mac connects to the wireless network immediately without any delay, both on startup and after waking up from sleep. Cons: bad signal -> slow speed -> can't play videos from a networked drive, data transfer rates atrociously slow

2) Networking with the second router (Edimax): my Mac connects to the wireless network with a terrible delay (10 seconds on average) and sometimes doesn't connect at all. Pros: great signal -> fast transfer rates

Note: all other devices in my household (my smartphone, games consoles, PCs) connect to the second router with no problems and work brilliantly.

Can there be a hardware problem/incompability with my Mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.