Any Resolution with Airport Extreme Card?

Reaction score
I just got my MacBook Pro yesterday, an A1226 Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz . I'm happy as a clam about the vast majority of it. I've been using one at work for a while and decided I liked it enough to get one of my own.

I'm rather computer literate and have a decent network at home that includes a D-Link DIR-615 wireless router. I've got it set up with WPA2 (aes) encryption and set to N only.

I connect just fine with various WIN and Linux machines with quite a few different OS flavors on them.

Problem is I cannot connect to the wireless with the MBP. I've tried via Tiger, SnowLeopard, Fedora Core 14 and CentOS. That it's OS independant suggests to me that it's firmware in the card rather than anything elsewhere.

I connect to a Netgear WGR614 with no encryption just fine. I connect to it with WEP just fine. I cannot connect with WPA or WPA2 at all. I've tried all the different variations and the MBP either keeps asking for a password, says connection timed out or says incorrect password. Perhaps occasionally I do fatfinger the password so I'm ignoring those but the "This network requires a password" box comes up, I type in a password and it sits and spins for a bit, goes away then comes back.

I've tried putting a $ in front of the password, I've tried quotes around it, I think I've tried everything I've read in these forums.

If this is literally a hardware issue and I can fix it buying a new airport extreme card, I will but I'd prefer not having to do that.

Help? Has this been fixed or is there a work around that I can do?

Thanks
DanH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.