Selling Macbook with applications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21inch, 3.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, iPhone 4 32GB
Hi all,

just a quickie I hope you can help me with.

I'm planning on selling my 13inch unibody Macbook (2009) to a friend and want to erase all of my personal data. However, I would like to keep some of the software on the Mac for him to use (ie Word & Excel).

The problem is that I don't have the original install discs / serial for some of this software (lost in a recent house move).

Is there any way I can sell the Macbook with all of my personal data erased, but leave the applications intact?

I'm using Snow Leopard (10.6.5).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Munkee

P.S. By the way, I'm not abandoning the world of Mac....just that I've recently purchased a lovely new iMac, so the Macbook will not get much burn :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you do not have the original disks for MS Office or any other third party software which is on your Mac, then legally you can not transfer that software to the buyer. It's probably a good idea to erase everything anyway and give the buyer a clean machine. The buyer can then purchase whatever software they desire.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21inch, 3.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, iPhone 4 32GB
Ok, thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.