Suggestions Wanted and Needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo: 2.4Ghz: 4GB Memory)
Hi All,

I am officially a new mac user as of 2 days ago and so far so good. Always been a PC user and had very little experience with a mac. It's great to finally own one! Got a mac book pro and I love it! I am in IT and wanted to learn mac and everything there is about troubleshooting OS and hardware. So as a new user what are the best resources I can start with and where can I find the best list of software to use with my mac? Signed up for a couple of newsletters already. I have been able to find a lot of answers already with a google search but I hope you can bear with me as I might have a million questions. Thanks guys :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
For software, have you got the latest 10.6.6 update? If so you will have the "Mac App Store" that will give you some idea for some software. As for troubleshooting OS and hardware, have a tinker around with your MBP, just get to know the OS. The more you familiarise yourself with it the more you can learn already.

- Simon

Reaction score
If you're in IT, what exactly do you do on a day-to-day basis? Maybe that will help us suggest some appropriate apps...

Reaction score
Greetings

You could do a lot worse than getting hold of a copy of 'The Missing Manual' for Mac OS Snow Leopard by David Pogue.

Cheers M

OP
m@cnewbie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chishamo formed.

Thanks for the reply guys....and yes I was thinking about getting the missing manual....Day to day I do mostly tech support so anything involved with any issues you might have with a mac either software or hardware related is what I am looking to learn. I guess I would like to learn all there is to know about Mac so then whatever the issue might be that I can help someone I will have the experience I need. Thanks again I appreciate your help. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Get the app MacTracker, it provides info on OS versions supported by every model to-date, RAM supported etc etc really useful app, heres the link...

Mactracker

- Simon

Reaction score
I guess a great resource are these and other forums as well, as you can see what issues are troubling most user's at pretty much anytime.

Forums are a great way to practice tech support.

OP
m@cnewbie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree Yogi and have been reading and learning and its great! Thanks everyone for posting and helping out you guys rock! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got a copy of "Snow Leopard - The Missing Manual" just out of curiosity, actually not a bad little guide... well I say little guide, all almost 1000 pages of it :p

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.