Status
Not open for further replies.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can someone please make a logo? If it is really good, and i mean really, i will give $3 paypal.

WOW $3.00 bucks...last of the BIG spenders!;) Three bucks doesn't even get a value meal at McDonald's!;)

I realize that you may not have a lot of money...but a "really good, and i mean really" designed logo is worth a lot more then $3 bucks!:)

Personally (if I was to do it)...I would just do it for free...receiving a heart-felt thanks payment enough!:)

- Nick

OP
ItzzJake
Reaction score
WOW $3.00 bucks...last of the BIG spenders!;) Three bucks doesn't even get a value meal at McDonald's!;)

I realize that you may not have a lot of money...but a "really good, and i mean really" designed logo is worth a lot more then $3 bucks!:)

Personally (if I was to do it)...I would just do it for free...receiving a heart-felt thanks payment enough!:)

- Nick

Haha, i know it isnt much. And i have more money, i just wanted to throw a low starting price. If it is really good i will go higher. I just dont want to get an average logo and pay money.

Wow, i feel cheap :[

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, i feel cheap :[

I totally understand not wanting to pay any more for something than necessary!:)

Next time (if there is a next time)...don't say..."I'll pay $3.00 if it's really good."...just say something more open-ended like..."Willing to pay for a really well designed logo."

Then you can negotiate "via PM" how much you would be willing to pay.:) Honestly...I wouldn't even turn on my computer for $3.00!;)

- Nick

OP
ItzzJake
Reaction score
I totally understand not wanting to pay any more for something than necessary!:)

Next time (if there is a next time)...don't say..."I'll pay $3 if it's really good."...just say something more open-ended like..."Willing to pay for a really well designed logo."

Then you can negotiate "via PM" how much you would be willing to pay.:) Honestly...I wouldn't even turn on my computer for $3.00!;)

- Nick

Okay, thanks for the info :)

(bump?) :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
You look kind of young judging by your avatar pic, but being young alone does not automatically put you in a position to be naive about life in general. People who design for a living don't give out work for free, and it's pretty insulting to think that someone's time would be worth three dollars for them to do this for you or anyone else.

You first should have been straight forward and said that you can't afford to pay, but would like to ask a favor. Perhaps you'll get someone to do it whom isn't a professional graphic artist/designer etc... When I looked at the title of the thread I was going to help out, but after reading the last bit, I did a total 360˚

OP
ItzzJake
Reaction score
You look kind of young judging by your avatar pic, but being young alone does not automatically put you in a position to be naive about life in general. People who design for a living don't give out work for free, and it's pretty insulting to think that someone's time would be worth three dollars for them to do this for you or anyone else.

You first should have been straight forward and said that you can't afford to pay, but would like to ask a favor. Perhaps you'll get someone to do it whom isn't a professional graphic artist/designer etc... When I looked at the title of the thread I was going to help out, but after reading the last bit, I did a total 360˚

I'm sorry :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Just give a bit more info publicly as well. If someone does pop in and read this and wants to play around without having to track you down to find out more, if you give us more now, then next time you log in someone might post a mockup or something to look at.

Like : Do you have a favourite font ??

What sort of blue ??

20110113-n3nanayb83jurxiu2s4ph1aqeq.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
C

chas_m

... I love it!

PS. ItzzJake ... don't feel bad. We've all done or said something embarrassing or naive. You clearly didn't intend to insult anyone -- a lot of guys here do that sort of thing for a living so they had very different expectations of what you meant than you did, that's all. Forums can be a little "wild west" sometimes for new people.

Graphic Design is a field that requires a lot of study, skill and time to master -- so people who do it professionally consider their efforts very valuable. As you've figured out now, it's best to put out some "feelers" to get some knowledge of what's involved when asking about services you can't do yourself. I would probably have been equally "insulting" if I asked some band to perform at my next party, since I have no idea what would be appropriate to pay them (and that varies based on other factors).

Hope the artwork above will do ya (well done Chris!) and I hope you'll stick around. We can be nice sometimes too! :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dude, thats great! But i need to somehow fit it in the upper left hand corner of this website.

So maybe the tech revolution, then the fist right next to it?

Now "Mr. Cheapo" is getting picky & demanding!;)

Is that $3.00 bucks going to be paid in a "lump sum"...or will it have to be in 6 monthly installments?;)

Just teasing,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
- Cheap
- Good
- Fast

Pick two :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HOME: imac 24", 2.66GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO, 4GB ram, 640GB HD.WORK:G5 Dual 2.7 GHz, 8GB ram
OP
ItzzJake
Reaction score

Haha, thanks! I sound so picky, but i just want it to look really good. Can you please change the colors to white, on a black backround.

Like the "Dark Fusion" logo on tech-revolution.com

EDIT: And have the font a little more condensed like on the site. Not so stretched out :)

Thanks so much for your time, Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Haha, thanks! I sound so picky, but i just want it to look really good. Can you please change the colors to white, on a black backround.

Being picky is one thing, but changing your mind doesnt help lol

In your OP you stated *BLUE* as your colour, and now you want it changed to white . . . .

Download GIMP (is very much like PS) google *gimp tutorials YouTube Changing colours* Let me google that for you and have a go yourself.
I usually have a rule of thumb that goes like this.
If i cant see you helping yourself, im sorry but i cant help you.
So what im saying i jump in and see if you can try it. And to top it off you will start to learn another skill. . . . Cant go wrong there . . . .

Be Proactive mate and things will happen :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And can someone figure out how to position it better on tech-revolution.com?

You're going to go far in life "dude"! The more & more I read this thread...the more you're looking like "CEO material"!;)

You're getting other folks to do the work for you...and at little or no cost to yourself!;)

- Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.