How do you keep your macbook clean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.8GHz, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT
Ive noticed my trackpad is gettin rather dirty after a few weeks use, was just wondering what everyone uses to jeep there macbook nice and clean and like new?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ive noticed my trackpad is gettin rather dirty after a few weeks use, was just wondering what everyone uses to jeep there macbook nice and clean and like new?

Wash your hands before using the computer.;)

I've used my MacBook's trackpad for years...and it's not dirty...and believe me...I'm no "clean freak"!;) That includes using my MacBook for "DIY" instructions when I do repair work on my car's. Grease, oil, dirt, blood...there's almost no way for hands to get any more filthy.;)

- Nick

p.s. I don't touch the MacBook with dirty hands (when repairing the car)...I wash them first. But if you know anything about grease. oil, dirt when working on a car...it's next to impossible to get all of the "crud" off your hands & from under the fingernails.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Hmm. Never have had to clean my trackpad. Stays very clean. Honestly not sure why.

Now, even though I keep my hands nice and clean, the oils from my fingers get on my keys, and this smears my screen when it's closed. That, and my wife, whom I've told a million times not to touch my monitor, keeps pointing at stuff on the screen when showing me things, which causes more smudging.

So I wipe the exterior of the case where the apple is and where my wrists rest (both of which get very dirty from me lugging the computer all around) with these wipes called "Kleen & Dry." It's a two pack. One wipe that has an alcohol solution, and the other wipe is dry. I go over the screen and the case with this, and it looks like it just came out of the box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.9.4 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
I wipe down my MacBook Pro every night with the cloth it came with. I also have some Monster screen cleaner that I use less often.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.