• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Reviving iMac :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Hello everyone,

This thread is going to be about my experiance in trying to revive my old iMac. It's an iMac Intel.

Day 1
I found the computer and thought I should try to bring it back to life! Talked to the8thark on the IRC channel about it. I am going to replace the current hard drive in the machine with a Western Digital Passport hard drive. Before I did anything to it, I booted it up and it turned on. But it go the infamous flashing Finder icon. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to place the new drive in the machine.

I will keep you guys updated if you want me to.

P.S. Do you guys think I can boot in Target Disk Mode?

- Kyle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.