No Input Signal From Apogee One Internal Mic

Reaction score
Hi Folks
Just received and opened a new Apogee One. Installed the software, opened Garageband, and I cannot get the internal mic to work. The breakout cable works with a 1/4" jack into my acoustic guitar, haven't tried the external mic input yet. I just can't figure out how to get the internal mic. I'm sure I missed a step somewhere, but I can't find it.
Help!

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I've gone through it twice, step-by-step, still no input signal with the internal mic.

Reaction score
No input signal from internal mic of the Apogee One

Hello!
I have exactly the same problem, could you solve it?, I'm starting to think that my unit it's defective:'(

Reaction score
Hello,

I think the trick here is this: you need to have the breakout cable connected, even if you're using the internal mic. Just be sure to select the correct input, after you've plugged in the breakout cable.

It doesn't say anything about this in the documentation, but since other folks seem to be have the same trouble that I had initially, I think it's probably just the way it works. Sorta confusing...

Reaction score
The plot thickens: after having solved the problem as I described above, I can now go from input to input with having the breakout cable attached. Anyway, hope you get it working...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.