Items in dock: ?

Reaction score
Hello, I switched to a Mac Mini G4 two days ago, which runs leopard. All current updates apple suggests have been installed.

At the dock, there are a number of things with a ? instead of an icon. These are: Dashboard, Mail, Preview, Spaces, and Time Machine.

Nothing happens when I click on them. They are not available when I search for them in finder.

I think these aren't installed, are there any places where I can download them for free?

Thanks! :Smirk:

Reaction score
If you can't find these items via Spotlight or in the Applications folder, you will have to reinstall Mac OS X.

The question marks mean that the Dock can't find these items, since the Dock holds "Links" called Aliases, not the actual apps.

If you got this Mac from someone else, I highly recommend a reinstall of OSX using the installer disc that came with the machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

At the dock, there are a number of things with a ? instead of an icon. These are: Dashboard, Mail, Preview, Spaces, and Time Machine.

... are there any places where I can download them for free?

No. :$

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.