Please Somebody Help Meeeee!

T

Trev the great

hey evrybody. i currently have a pc, 1.5ghz, and 256mb... however, i am taken to the brink of insanity that i cannot convert to mac! you see, i am on aol bradband, and there is absolutly no chance that i could ever think about switching to a different service, im kinda glued to it, but i read somewhere that if you connect a router to a mac, then connect the aol bradband modem to it via the ethernet lead, that it will lead me straight thru... is this true? and will i need a third party pc to run it through? help me please, im desperate! :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Trev the great said:
hey evrybody. i currently have a pc, 1.5ghz, and 256mb... however, i am taken to the brink of insanity that i cannot convert to mac! you see, i am on aol bradband, and there is absolutly no chance that i could ever think about switching to a different service, im kinda glued to it, but i read somewhere that if you connect a router to a mac, then connect the aol bradband modem to it via the ethernet lead, that it will lead me straight thru... is this true? and will i need a third party pc to run it through? help me please, im desperate! :confused:
You will only need a router if you plan on sharing the internet connection with more than one computer. Otherwise, you connect your modem to your Mac just like any other computer. Just install your AOL software on the Mac and you are good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Trev, in the future, please post in the correct forum for your topic. Also please be more specific in your topic so people actually know what you need help with. You're more likely to receive a response that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.