need advice (newbie !!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06GHz Intel Core i3 processor , WD 2tb ext HD, Holla!!!
HI every1........Im about to get my first imac for video editing. I've been reading around about the 3.06GHz Intel Core i3 and im still pretty confused haha. well yeh, im going to purchase studio pro also and i was wondering if the 3.06GHz Intel Core i3 will do the job????

BTW...what is the difference between a ssd and an external hardrive?

i am new to the mac world lol. i am about to purchase one of the 21.5" 3.06GHz Intel Core i3 i mac and i was wondering if it's a good choice for my video editing. I am also purchasing studio pro.......so i was wondering if i will have any problems??? Any advice or suggestions is much appreciated!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
A few things...

First, you should be as specific in your title as possible. "Need advice" is very vague and not likely to get the response you want.

Secondly, what about the processor are you confused about?

I'm guessing "studio pro" refers to Final Cut Studio, is that right? If so, any iMac should be fine for editing.

External drive = traditional mechanical drive with spinning parts
SSD = no moving parts/information is stored on non-volatile microchips

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
if you are looking at new check into the referbs on apple .com i bought the 27 i3 for 1439.00

Reaction score
A few things...

First, you should be as specific in your title as possible. "Need advice" is very vague and not likely to get the response you want.

Secondly, what about the processor are you confused about?

I'm guessing "studio pro" refers to Final Cut Studio, is that right? If so, any iMac should be fine for editing.

External drive = traditional mechanical drive with spinning parts
SSD = no moving parts/information is stored on non-volatile microchips

Yup. That about sums it up!

C

chas_m

Also, when most people refer to an SSD drive they are generally talking about an INTERNAL drive, not an external one. At least, so far.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06GHz Intel Core i3 processor , WD 2tb ext HD, Holla!!!
thx for the advice everyone. And sorry about being to vague...i willl sure to be as specific as possible next time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.