Mouse not very responsive

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a new Mac Mini the other day with a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB of RAM.

Normally I use Windows, but I'm instered in developing apps for the iPhone, so decided to buy a mac.

The problem is that the mouse seems nowhere near as responsive or accurate as it is on Windows. There seems to be a split second between moving the mouse, and it actually moving on screen, and then the speed of it seems completely random at times.

Should it be like this? It's a just a cheapo USB mouse, and I've also tried a bluetooth mouse which is just as bad. I have installed Windows 7 using boot camp, and the mouse on that is perfectly smooth and responsive.

I've tried USB Overdrive to fix the speed issue, but that hasn't really helped. If I bought a mighty mouse, would that fix anything?

Thanks!
Thomas

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is it a bluetooth mouse...the delay could be due the "wireless-ness".

I haven't had any problems with delay when using a bluetooth Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad...so you could try one of those. Also make sure your "Preference Settings" are where you would like them for your mouse.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
I mainly use a wired mouse, but I've also tried a bluetooth mouse.

I'm considering getting either a magic trackpad, as it seems to have very good reviews.

OP
T
Reaction score
Just using the logitech mouse app on my iphone and it's much easier than using a mouse!

Looks like a trackpad is thrle way forward!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Depends. Have you installed the Logitech drivers for your mouse?

Also you might consider trialling the Steermouse shareware program:-

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your responses! Previously the mini was plugged into a 32" HDTV via HDMI, but now that I've gone back to uni, I've plugged it into my monitor using a VGA cable (and displayport adapter), and the bluetooth mouse is working perfectly!! :)

Not sure what was causing the previous problems, but I'm happy now that the mouse is sorted!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.