The only thing I miss about the XP GUI

E

Ex_PC_Puke

is the task bar. It is very convenient to be able to see that you've got 2 Word docs open + an Excel + plus calander and a email message you're working on. And then most importanty just click to instantly bring that task to the active window.

Am I missing a feature or setting on OS X ?

I'm still running Panther because Tiger still has the sleep function hosed up - but I don't think Tiger does this either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
F9 is what I use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
The main differences seems to be the way Mac users & Windows users work.
With windows users, working with a full screen window is normal so a Task bar is a necessity. Mac users normally have their windows just large enough to see everything and can often just click the window they want. Exposé comes to the fore when that isn't possible.
No right or wrong, just different, although as an ex windows user I never had anything full screen :)

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

Thanks a lot !!!! the F9 key works great ---- can that be easily re-mapped ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Ex_PC_Puke said:
Thanks a lot !!!! the F9 key works great ---- can that be easily re-mapped ??
expose under system preferences

OP
S

Steaminx

A feature like Expose should have been basic computing years ago. It makes so much sense now that it's revealed. The Windows clones of Expose are garbage. Apple leads the herd once again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
is it possible to work like that? i think thatd totally rule if i could type a few lines here and there on that ungodly tiny expose feature

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.