IP Mac address issues

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this on their computer? Just curious what this could mean, but maybe I am just being paranoid. Let me know your thoughts, I erased the IP address that was under the message and just want to know if this is something to worry about.

Screen shot.jpg

Reaction score
Without knowing more about the network setup you have its hard to answer what is causing the problem. This error message is just letting you know that more than one connected devices are trying to use the same ip address. Somewhere in your network an ip address is being duplicated, which is resulting in the error. Its a solvable problem. Just give a little more info about your setup.

OP
J
Reaction score
My Setup

My setup includes a Linksys wireless-G Router, some accessories includes Apple TV as well utilizing the network for YouTube and Netflix. I have it setup as a WEP secure network. It might be due to the Apple TV trying to locate/recognize the network before the computer does. Not sure.

Reaction score
It may be an idea to assign IP addresses on the LAN manually. Step 1 is to look for the attached devices list in the LAN status page of your router web page.
Cambridge Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.