Epson CX6400

D

Dennis

I am on the verge of switching from Windows PC to an Ibook G4. My concern is my existing printer. I have an Epson CX6400 All-in-One. As of now Epson does not have any Tiger Drirvers. My installation CD is for OS 10.2 while Epson has 10.3 drivers on their site. Not being familar with Apple how do I go about installing this printer? Are their drivers already in Tiger, and if so do they provide all the functions beside printing..i.e scanning and ink levels? The problem with an All-in-One is there seems to be multiple drivers for each feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
congrats on the switch. :)
tiger does come installed with many drivers, it may work natively, what you'll do is connect the printer, turn it on, then open printer setup utility, its in: mac hd>applications>utilities.
in printer setup utility, click add printer, then select how its connected(usb, etc) it will search for drivers, if any are compatible with your all in one, they will show up, you'll select it and click add, that should be it. it should work, but since its an AIO, it might have some issues, you could always use gimp print if the drivers aren't available, and vuescan for scanning.

OP
D

Dennis

First, thank you for your response.I have a follow up question now. If, after I select the installed driver and I decide later that I want to install any Tiger drivers that Epson may come out with down the road, how do I go about uninstalling the the Apple drivers to avoid a conflict? I know how to do it in Windows, but not on a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
There should not be a conflict, the Apple drivers know how to behave :) uninstall (delete) the printer from the printer set up utility then reinstall (add). This time clicking on the new downloaded drivers in the printer set up utility.
I recently added new epson drivers on a neighbours Mac. No Problems.
Best

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.