New here and sort of new to Mac!

Reaction score
Originally when all this started many years ago I started with a Mac. Yes that little tiny one that had a 4x4 screen and I think like 4mb of memory.

Over the years my work required me to switch to PC's but since being laid off a few years ago and going into the photography business I decided it was time to go back to Mac. I just could not resist that 27" screen any longer, plus a few other things.

So I am waiting for the arrival of my iMac i5 which is back ordered to start all over again, but looking forward to it. I'm glad I found this forum in case I need any help. My biggest concern is how to move files from my WD external hard drive which is hooked up to my PC and obviously formatted by it to the Mac. Not sure if it can be done???? I only keep my images and iTunes on it so I'm hoping I can hook it up to the Mac when it arrives but I am kind of doubtful and not sure if or how I can go about this.

Cheers,

Lucy Goose

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
So I am waiting for the arrival of my iMac i5 which is back ordered to start all over again, but looking forward to it. I'm glad I found this forum in case I need any help. My biggest concern is how to move files from my WD external hard drive which is hooked up to my PC and obviously formatted by it to the Mac. Not sure if it can be done???? I only keep my images and iTunes on it so I'm hoping I can hook it up to the Mac when it arrives but I am kind of doubtful and not sure if or how I can go about this.

By default, Mac OS X can read NTFS (PC format) just not write to it. So simply plug it into your Mac and drag and drop the files off. If the drive is formatted FAT32, your Mac can read and write to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.