iMac will not power up

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for any support you may be able to give.

Okay my problem is with an iMac EMC2210, Model # A1224,

iMac 20"
2.66 Ghz
2Gb ram
320 Gb Hd

I powered off unit before a thunderstorm began to be safe, I unplugged unit from wall and also disconnected cable internet, so unit was off and isolated.
Macbook sits right beside iMac and has no problems. Anyway, unit has been working fine with no problems, but the following morning when I tried to power up nothing, no sounds no bells nothing. Any suggestions as to where to start troubleshooting.
Yes, I have tried different receptacles and other items no problem with that.
Also checked voltage thru power cord, 110v so thats fine, now stumped.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm sure it's coincidental and not related to the bad weather, but it sounds like the power supply may have failed. I gather from your post that you have nothing at all to indicate that the iMac is getting power?

If you can do some trouble shooting yourself, go to iFixit: The free repair manual and look up your particular model. Look for the take apart instructions. The problem with trouble shooting an iMac from the inside is getting into it. Not an easy task. Keep us posted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.