• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Assemble your dream band

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
This just came to me...

My dream band would be:
Paul McCartney on bass (The Beatles, Wings, solo artist)
Eric Clapton on Guitar (The Yardbirds, Cream, solo artist, and assorted other bands)
Dave Grohl on drums (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, drummed for a few other bands just for fun)
Tom Petty on vocals (Traveling Wilburys, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, solo artist)
Tori Amos on Piano (solo artist)

What would be your dream band?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Very tough, and to an extent they have existed in various projects! I could put so many alternates in though.

Drums - Marco Minneman
Guitar - Paul Gilbert
Bass - Les Claypool
Vocals - Myles Kennedy
Keyboards - Derek Sherinian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Vocals ~ Katie Noonan George
Bass ~ Michael "Flea" Balzary Redhot Chilli Peppers
Guitar ~ Mark Knopfler Dire Straights
Drums ~ Neal Pert Rush
Keyboards ~ Richard Wright Pink Floyd

But cant forget Lars Ulrich Metallica 4 drums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
But cant forget Lars Ulrich Metallica 4 drums

Really?! Honestly, listen to And Justice For All closely, he seriously sucked on that album, his timekeeping was worse than a clockwork toy. He's good at times, but...

~(personal choice of course mate, just saying, as a drummer)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
~(personal choice of course mate, just saying, as a drummer)

HAHA was waiting for some backlash on that one ;P My reasoning was I have seen him in the flesh and all i could say is WOW . . . . But yea couldnt put him in at #1

EDIT ~ To others posting in this thread could you put the Band name they came from too please ...... Good way t learn when looking at them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
To me my dream band is not a "best of band" with who I think is the best player for each band slot. To me some of the best bands are not the most talented. But they have the most heart and soul. They click well on and off the stage and they leave the fans very happy after a show.

But if I was to make a hypothetical band with who I think would suit the music I'm after in each band slot, it'd probably go like this.

Vocals - Kate Miller-Heidke - Solo Artist
Drums - Caroline Corr - The Corrs
Cello - Mobius Facto - August Way
Piano/keyboard - Kate Miller-Heidke - Solo Artist
Trumpet - James Morison or Carl Riseley (Both Australian)
DJ/synth maker/remixer - Chris Lowe - Pet Shop Boys

There is no guitar spot at all in my band. And the DJ/remixer person would be very heavily utilised. Cause I'd want my band to have that electro feel. Kind of a live/electro fusion.

Paul Mac - Itch-E and Scratch-E and solo and Gabry Ponte - Eiffel 65 are both in my opinion excellent at making the electronic music too. But as much as I like their work I just think their styles don't fit the type of band I'm after. Was hard not to choose them though.

And the vocals is not the most well known singer in the world. But I needed someone who would be able to fit the style. That's why I chose her. Plus I really like her work too.

I can't find a better pop/electro fusion drummer so the one I chose will have to do. I know to me Mick Fleetwood - Fleetwood Mac is the best drummer ever. But he is more a rock and would not fit the style I'm trying to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
George Bush on Vocals
Wolverine on guitar
Morgan Freeman on bass
Mila Jovavich on drums
And Stanley Kubrick on Kazoo.

RIP Morgan Freeman
470x400nelson.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Guitar - Joe Satriani
Bass - Greg Lake
Drums - Jeff Porcaro
Keyboard - Billy Preston
Vocals - Nancy and Ann Wilson

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've asked people this question before and it is next to impossible to answer. Do you choose your favourite <insert instrument> player or do you try and choose musicians who you think would play well together? I could choose my favourite musicians but if they played together, they may sound terrible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For some reason I can't edit my original post???!! So, for Tat, the people in my band come from the following:

Drums - Marco Minneman (session drummer, plays all sorts, but has played on 3 Paul Gilbert albums).
Guitar - Paul Gilbert (Racer X, Mr.Big, Solo and loads of projects)
Bass - Les Claypool (Primus and solo)
Vocals - Myles Kennedy (The Mayfield Four and mainly Alter Bridge)
Keyboards - Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater and Solo)

To answer XJ's point. A little of both, but I don't think Les would sound good with my choice of guitarist or in anything other than Primus to be honest, he's quite unique.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
To answer XJ's point. A little of both, but I don't think Les would sound good with my choice of guitarist or in anything other than Primus to be honest, he's quite unique.
I think you have me confused with another member my good man. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
delete this please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.9.4 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Vocals - Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)
Guitar - David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)
Bass - Tim Commerford (Rage Against the Machine)
Drums - Questlove (The Roots)
Keyboards - Kyle Hollingsworth (String Cheese Incident)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've asked people this question before and it is next to impossible to answer. Do you choose your favourite <insert instrument> player or do you try and choose musicians who you think would play well together? I could choose my favourite musicians but if they played together, they may sound terrible.

A very good point. And that's why I chose ones I thought would play well together and would suit the type of music I am after.

And on another point. My mythical band is the only one without a guitar spot. A little variety is nice I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For some reason I can't edit my original post???!! So, for Tat, the people in my band come from the following:

Drums - Marco Minneman (session drummer, plays all sorts, but has played on 3 Paul Gilbert albums).
Guitar - Paul Gilbert (Racer X, Mr.Big, Solo and loads of projects)
Bass - Les Claypool (Primus and solo)
Vocals - Myles Kennedy (The Mayfield Four and mainly Alter Bridge)
Keyboards - Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater and Solo)

Thanks for that Kev ...... I actually put that comment in there to get your bands they are in because i knew (knowing the music you play) that i wouldnt know a single member/band lol and you have just shown me i dont hahaha

Thanks for posting back though ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display

With the exception of Jeff Beck, I've actually seen my "band of choice" perform together on the same stage, for a memorial tribute in Santa Monica, California (1998). Legends one and all, they were unforgettable together at this venue.

Vocals; Carole King.
Vocals / Acoustic Guitar; Linda Ronstadt.
Vocals / Piano; Jackson Browne.
Acoustic Guitar / Harmonica; Neil Young.
Lead Guitar; Jeff Beck.
Rhythm (Electric) Guitar; Joe Walsh.
Bass Guitar; Leland Sklar.
Drums: Russ Kunkel.
Harmony / Backup Vocals; Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, David Crosby, Stephen Stills.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.