• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Old School!

C

crazed44

who else out there has super-old macs??
i have a 14 year old Macintosh Classic! beat that ha lol
i was 1 when it was purchased :dummy:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Okay, I will raise you with an Mac SE/30, I have had for sixteen years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Clasiic Macs rule. I'm always looking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
macs or apples?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I was at goodwill this friday with my girlfriend and i seen an older Perfoma it was 12 bucks , i almost bought it .. im really wishing i would have now , but yeah any ways . old macs / apples are great

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Never had any of the OLD Apples except a IIc that I still have somewhere, but have a Mac 512, Plus and SE still around the house. They work perfectally.

Reaction score
I had an apple IIc also. Right now I have an old Mac II I'm about to throw out, a Quadra 650 with the PPC card, and a 8600 tower sitting in my basement.

I have a bunch of 30 pin, 72 pin memory, upgrade cards, video cards, scsi hard drives, ethernet/appletalk adapters, processors, and old ram for pluses, SE's, and legacy macs. Also have some old system disks/floppies. If anyone is in need, shoot me an email, (dan_flint at hotmail dot com) I would pass them on along real cheap...

time to clean out the basement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
my dad is a headmaster at a school herein my town... and they have 2 Macintosh'es there(too bad im not allowed to use em :(),,,, yes thats right... the first, the original... THAT MAC! :D

Reaction score
I have a IIci and and IIsi. Both of those are older than the classic.

ed724

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Still have a Powerbook 180. 33 Mhz, 14 MB of RAM (maxed out.) Maybe not the oldest of the old school, but is still surprisingly useful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.